Swindon Borough Council has completed the review of the current Residents Parking within Zones N & L. A number of recommendations and actions were identified within both Zones. They are as follows:
- Refresh single yellow line on Grovelands Avenue.
- Convert limited waiting on Grovelands Avenue to residents parking for permit holders.
- Create additional residents parking for permit holders on Quarry Road, near junction of Springfield Road, by removing one of the limited waiting bays.
- Update the limited waiting signs around the Sports Ground & Park (Quarry Road).
- On the junction of Bowling Green Lane there is 15 metres of double yellow lines. These are currently not enforceable, these are to be added to the legal order to allow enforcement.
- Refresh all residents parking bay markings throughout the residents parking Zone
- Update all of the residents parking signs within each zone to bring them in line with current legislation and other zones. This will involve the removal of the 5 minute waiting period from the signs within the Zones. Although this will be removed from the signs it will not change the time allowed by Enforcement Officers before a Penalty Charge Notice is issued
- Create additional residents parking for permit holders on Ripley Road by removing the limited waiting
- Convert the single yellow line to shared use parking on Avenue Road near the junction of Bath Road
- Remove all lining outside of Lethbridge School and replace with School Keep Clear (zig zag markings) where stopping is prohibited Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm, and correct signage.
- Remove the incorrect disabled parking sign of the wall outside the School on Lethbridge Road. This is not a prescribed sign and is currently not enforceable
- Convert the single yellow line on Lethbridge Road to shared use parking allowing residents with permits and visitors to park
- Convert limited waiting on Lethbridge Road to shared use to allow residents with permits and visitors to park
- Update all of the residents parking signs within each zone to bring them in line with current legislation and other zones. This will involve the removal of the 5 min waiting period from the signs within the Zones. Although this will be removed from the signs it will not change the time allowed by Enforcement Officers before a Penalty Charge Notice is issued
It is planned to undertake the proposed changes under an Experimental Traffic Regulation Order (EO). The EO process will allow the Council to make the changes within Zones N and L on an experimental basis which will then be monitored before a decision is made to continue the changes on a permanent basis.
Once the EO is advertised and becomes effective residents will have the opportunity to make representations while having the benefit of experiencing the changes first hand.
Representations can be made once the EO is effective and within the first 6 months of becoming effective.
If any representations are made in regard to the changes introduced in the EO, they will need to be considered by the Council. If required, consideration will be given to whether the EO needs to be modified.
These changes are being carried out in collaboration with your local Ward Councillors.
You can read more by visiting www.swindon.gov.uk/trafficregulationorders