Sustainable Travel Accreditation and Recognition for Schools
The Council are asking all schools in the Swindon Borough to complete an online School Travel Plan through Modeshift STARS Education.
Modeshift STARS Education is the national schools awards scheme that has been established to recognise schools that have demonstrated excellence in supporting cycling, walking and other forms of sustainable travel. The scheme encourages schools across the country to join in a major effort to increase levels of sustainable and active travel in order to improve the health and well-being of children and young people.
Stars Accreditation checklist
Stars Consultations Guide
Stars Initiatives Guide
Creating a school survey in Stars
– Healthier pupils – by encouraging active, healthy lifestyles for young people through more walking and cycling.
– Safer pupils – identifying issues and improving the quality of the environment around your school.
– Involving the whole school community – children, parents and teachers working together to make a difference.
– School Travel Plan – automatic generation of a new School Travel Plan which will deliver significant time and costs savings.
– National Accreditation – you will receive the Modeshift STARS plaque, certificate and use of the nationally recognised logo.
– The National STARS School Travel Awards – a chance to be considered for the National STARS School Travel Awards.
– Changing behaviour – STARS will provide you with the tools to reduce car use and increase the number of children walking, cycling and using public transport on the journey to and from school.
– Access to discounts, practical support and small pots of funding – additional support is available from the Council to help schools promote sustainable travel to school.
Free support is available from the Council’s Travel Plan Officer who can deliver training sessions, offer advice on how to mitigate School travel and Transport issues through soft measures (behaviour change) and support schools through the Modeshift STARS accreditation application process.
Please contact Travel Plan Officer, with any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org